Katy Perry, Ben Affleck and 4 Other Fundraisers to Watch in 2016
Look out, Barbra Streisand and George Clooney -– a new class of Hollywood activists raised big bucks for Obama.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 16 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
In election-themed dresses, she lured 30,000 people to Obama rallies in Las Vegas and Milwaukee and headlined a homestretch L.A. concert that raised $5 million for Democrats.
He and pals Matt Damon and John Krasinski stepped up to raise more than $250,000 at a star-filled event for Elizabeth Warren's successful Senate campaign.
J.J. Abrams' wife is an astute talent scout and fundraiser. She pledged early support for Warren and fellow Dem winners Maria Cantwell, Claire McCaskill and Tammy Baldwin.
He bundled more than $500,000 as one of the president's top LGBT fundraisers, hosting a lavish dinner for Obama at his Beverly Hills home once the president backed gay marriage.
WILL & JADA SMITH
The couple co-hosted an early $35,800-per-person dinner, and their October Michelle Obama event raised more cash than any other first lady fundraiser.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR