Katy Perry Signs on as Investor, Ambassador for Popchips
The "Part of Me" singer will be featured in a national ad campaign launching this fall.
Popchips has added a pop star to its list of celebrity supporters.
Katy Perry has signed on as an investor and a brand ambassador for the crunchy snack, according to a statement from the company released Wednesday.
The “Part of Me” singer says she will also be a creative partner in the company. She’ll also be featured in a national advertising campaign, which will launch this fall.
Perry says she discovered Popchips while searching for a late-night snack one night.
"The bag stood out in the minibar, and I was pleasantly surprised when I read the back of the label and saw that it was a healthier choice," she says in the statement. "I was hooked after my first bite."
Perry, who was recently featured in the 3-D documentary, Katy Perry: Part of Me, is the latest celebrity to back the healthy snack. Ashton Kutcher began backing the brand by becoming the “president of pop culture” in June 2010, helping oversee social media and content for the brand. Earlier in 2012, Kutcher was featured in an ad that garnered criticism because of his depiction of Indian man. The spot was later pulled.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack