Ke$ha and Goo Goo Dolls to Perform at Unofficial Presidential Inaugural Balls
Stars from across the spectrum -- from Kirsten Dunst and Paula Abdul to Omar Epps and Eva Longoria -- will help President Obama celebrate the start of his second term.
The parties in Washington, D.C., will have something for everyone, as Hollywood heads east.
The flurry of events that will mark President Obama's second inauguration will feature performances and appearances from musicians and movie stars representing a wide range of interests, genres and constituencies. Leading the official Jan. 21 slate is Beyonce, who sang at the President's official inaugural ball in 2009 and will perform the National Anthem at the swearing in ceremony this time around. In addition, Kelly Clarkson is due to perform "My Country 'Tis of Thee" and James Taylor "America the Beautiful" when Obama takes the oath of office.
The unofficial events, which will take place throughout the weekend and up through Tuesday, will feature even more star power.
Set to perform at the various unofficial balls is a roster that includes Ke$ha, the Goo Goo Dolls and Moby. The Creative Coalition, a powerful lobbying group for the arts, is sponsoring one of Tuesday evening's biggest parties, which will feature appearances by stars such as Kirsten Dunst, Omar Epps, Paula Abdul, Eric Stonestreet, Alan Cumming, Melissa Leo, Taraji P. Henson and Marlon Wayans.
As THR reported last week, Obama's fundraising organization is hoping to tap Hollywood's strong support for the president once again. Having relied on the industry for millions of dollars during the campaign, they are now offering VIP access to all nine levels of celebration, including receptions with the president himself. The price tag? Up to $229,000.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party