Keira Knightley to Produce and Star in 'The Other Typist' (Exclusive)
Fox Searchlight is developing the project based on Suzanne Rindell's novel set in 1920s New York.
Fox Searchlight has acquired the rights to Suzanne Rindell’s debut novel, The Other Typist, as a vehicle for Keira Knightley, who is attached to star in and produce.
Published by Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam in May, the novel revolves around Rose, a lonely and isolated typist in a police precinct who strikes up a friendship with a beautiful and mysterious co-worker who introduces her to the glamorous and forbidden underworld of 1920s New York.
Kirkus Reviews described the novel as “a deliciously addictive, cinematically influenced page-turner, both comic and provocative” that combines “a dollop of Alfred Hitchcock, a dollop of Patricia Highsmith, [and] some Great Gatsby flourishes.”
Knightley, who starred in last year’s Anna Karenina, will next be seen opposite Chris Pine in Jack Ryan, which Paramount plans to release Dec. 25.
The project will be overseen by Searchlight’s senior vp production Zola Mashariki and director of production DanTram Nguyen.
Knightley is represented by CAA and Lindy King of United Agents in the U.K. and is managed by Adam Isaacs of The Schiff Co. Rindell is repped by CAA and Emily Forland at Brandt & Hochman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR