Keira Knightley, Rupert Friend Split After 5 Years
The 25-year-old 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' star met the 29-year-old British actor when they appeared together in 'Pride And Prejudice' in 2005.
LONDON – Pirates of the Caribbean star Keira Knightley has split from her long-term actor boyfriend Rupert Friend.
The star's father told The Sun newspaper that the couple had parted ways after a five-year relationship and that the decision was mutual.
"Yes, they have broken up," Will Knightley told the British tabloid.
"But that's the way things go, unfortunately. I've spoken to her recently. The only option is to get on with things. They were together for quite a long time and it is always hard breaking up. She's focused on her work," he added.
Knightley, who shot to fame as a tomboy footballer in Bend it like Beckham, went on to star in Atonement and as the haughty love interest opposite Orland Bloom in the Pirates franchise.
Recently she played the London stage to mixed reviews in The Misanthrope, playing a spoilt young actress.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR