Keira Knightley: What's Next for the Actress
With "A Dangerous Method" premiering at Venice Film Festival, THR takes a look at upcoming projects for the British star.
Keira Knightley is making the festival rounds, with her period drama A Dangerous Method debuting at the Venice Film Festival on Friday. The David Cronenberg-directed feature co-stars Michael Fassbender and Viggo Mortensen.
The Hollywood Reporter's Todd McCarthy believes Cronenberg's film "about boundary-testing in the early days of psychoanalysis is brought to vivid life by the outstanding lead performances of Keira Knightley, Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender."
Knightley, who broke through in the early 2000s with Bend It Like Beckham, the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and Pride and Prejudice, is already looking forward to future projects.
After starring in numerous dramas, such as London Boulevard, Last Night and the weeper Never Let Me Go, Knightley will provide the voice of Tinker Bell in Syfy's two-night miniseries event Neverland, set to air later this year. The live-action prequel to the Peter Pan saga co-stars Rhys Ifans, Anna Friel, Bob Hoskins and Charles Rowe and is a reimagining of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys as pickpocketers who travel to Neverland.
The Oscar-nominated actress has also lined up romantic comedy Seeking a Friend for the End of the World with former The Office star Steve Carell. In the film, Knightley portrays Penny, a lonely person who realizes she can't procrastinate anymore in searching for romance. Directed by Lorene Scafaria, a 2012 opening for the movie is being planned.
Knightley will also be reuniting with Pride and Prejudice and Atonement filmmaker Joe Wright for Anna Karenina, adapted by Tom Stoppard, with the British star playing the title character. The Working Title film also stars Jude Law, Olivia Williams and Aaron Johnson.
"In some films you're on your own but in a Joe Wright film you're not on your own, it's a genuinely collaborative event and I think that she's a phenomenal actress with or without this incredible ensemble behind her," Williams told the Press Association recently of Knightley.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack