Keith Olbermann Breaks His Silence
5:17 PM PST 1/24/2011 by THR staff
"The reports of the death of my career are greatly exaggerated," he says.
Three days after announcing that he is leaving MSNBC’s Countdown, Keith Olbermann Tweeted the following message to his fans Monday:"My humble thanks to all Friends of Keith for the many kind words. The reports of the death of my career are greatly exaggerated." The reasons behind Olbermann's abrupt exit remain a mystery. Olbermann has had a rocky few months: In November, he was suspended for two days for making campaign contributions to three political candidates. In an interview Saturday, MSNBC President Phil Griffin wouldn't address Olbermann leaving but stressed, "We're in great shape ... I don't think we'll lose a beat. I love what we're doing and I love what we've achieved as a network. I'm confident about our future."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR