Keith Olbermann Reacts to Jimmy Kimmel's White House Correspondent's Dinner Slam
The ousted Current TV host was not amused by Kimmel's jokes; compares him to Bill O'Reilly.
Jimmy Kimmel's half-hour speech at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner Saturday evening had a few targets -- Kim Kardashian, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich, Lindsay Lohan and Mitt Romney, to name a few -- but it seems not everyone can take a joke.
One of the best jokes of the night was Kimmel's quips about recently ousted Current TV host Keith Olbermann.
"Alright, it’s time for the fun part of the evening," Kimmel said. "I’d like everyone to look under your seats. Under each one you will find a copy of Keith Olbermann’s resume. Is Keith here tonight? Limo wouldn’t pick him up? The thing about Keith Olbermann is he’s so likable."
"Al Gore launched Current TV in 2005 and it took off like a North Korean rocket," Kimmel continued. "To be honest, I didn’t even know Current TV was still on the air, but then I don’t get channel a million."
But Kimmel wasn't done yet: "Keith Olbermann burned more bridges than the Arsonist of Madison County," he said. "He has more pink slips than Marcus Bachmann."
Olbermann, who did not attend the dinner and had instead been tweeting throughout the night about baseball ("Confirming: I would not, and have not voluntarily, attended the WHC Dinner since 1998. This conforms with my anti-torture stance," Olbermann wrote), didn't appreciate Kimmel's jabs. He took to--what else?--his Twitter account to explain why he felt Kimmel targeted him.
"Funny that Jimmy Kimmel ripped me after his people desperately wanted me to fly to LA to be on his show this past Wednesday #nerdprom"
In response to his followers saying he shouldn't take it personally, Olbermann tweeted, "I'm not complaining about the Kimmel jokes - I'm fair game. I'm complaining about the revenge element. It reminds me of O'Reilly #nerdprom."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack