Blake Shelton to Officiate Kelly Clarkson's Wedding
The “American Idol” alum will say “I do” to Brandon Blackstock, the country star's manager.
Blake Shelton not only played cupid to Kelly Clarkson and fiance Brandon Blackstock, he will also serve as the master of ceremonies when the couple says “I do.”
Blackstock, a music manager who counts Shelton among his clients, proposed to the American Idol alum in December and has enlisted Shelton’s help in more ways than one.
“He’s not only singing, he’s marrying us,” Clarkson told Entertainment Tonight at Sunday’s Academy of Country Music Awards, referring to the country singer as “Reverend Blake.” “He totally is, he’s done it before with people.”
In fact, Shelton also will officiate the forthcoming nuptials of wife Miranda Lambert’s Pistol Annies cohort, Ashley Monroe.
Clarkson kept mum on the date of her wedding, confessing that she has chosen a month to get married but the date is constantly changing due to conflicting schedules. She has crossed one item off her to-do list: picking the perfect dress.
“I picked that out quick. I’m not really that girl,” she said.
When news broke of the couple’s engagement, Shelton told Hollyscoop that he had urged his pal to propose to Clarkson. “I told Brandon, ‘Man, you need to grow up and figure out that you need to marry this girl. I am going to go on record saying, 'I will do the music at the wedding or whatever you want to do, I’ll be that guy.’
“’I will play for four hours if I have to, 'cause you need to get your head out of your ass and ask that girl to marry you,’” he continued.
Also likely to be in attendance at the celebration: Reba McEntire, who is married to Blackstock's father, Narvel Blackstock, who happens to be Clarkson's manager.
Clarkson and Blackstock have been dating since 2011.
A rep for Shelton did not immediately return The Hollywood Reporter’s request for comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Chris Evans & Emily VanCamp Premiere 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' in Hollywood!
- Vanessa Hudgens Channels Yoko Ono at Alessandra Ambrosio's Fashion Line Launch!
- Who Went Home on 'American Idol' Tonight? Top 10 Revealed!
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Pregnant Body in Lace Dress at 'Captain America 2' Premiere!