Kelly Rowland Won't Return as Judge on 'X Factor' U.K.
The show has been expected to bring in some fresh talent after recently announcing the return of Take That star Gary Barlow as a judge, with Dannii Minogue among those reportedly in the running for a spot on the panel.
LONDON - Former Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland has made it official. She will not return as a judge on the U.K. version of The X Factor this summer.
"Kelly has not been able to agree a deal that fits into her autumn/winter schedule, so sadly cannot accept a place on the 2012 panel," a spokesperson for her said, according to the BBC.
In a statement, the singer said her experience on the ITV1 show had been "an incredible experience" and a "great opportunity." Tabloids here had suggested that pay was one key issue in any decision about Rowland's involvement with the show.
Take That star Gary Barlow was recently confirmed for a return to the judges’ panel for the new season of the talent competition show. But the show from Syco Entertainment, the joint venture of Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment, has been believed to be considering alternatives for Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh.
One person in the running for a spot on the panel is Dannii Minogue, according to some British media reports.
An X Factor spokesperson said the full line-up of judges would be unveiled "in due course."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR