Kelsey Grammer Slams 'Real Housewives', Denies Cross Dressing in Oprah Interview (Video)
The “Boss” actor conceded he had been “very sexually adventurous,” but said he did not wear women’s clothing.
According to Kelsey Grammer, there wasn’t much reality involved in his brief foray into reality TV.
The Boss star, who appeared several times on Bravo's The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with ex-wife Camille Grammer, told Oprah Winfrey he did so to help her fulfill her dream of obtaining fame.
"I made a couple of quick appearances to honor that deal of it and bequeathed to this person ... a new life.” Grammer said in an interview to be aired Sunday on Oprah’s Next Chapter.
But as for the drama behind it—including the show’s portrayal of his then-wife being blindsided by the couples split, Grammer says it was all for show.
“That was ‘reality.’ It’s a reality ‘show,’ so it’s a show.”
When Winfrey asked about his ex’s allegations that Grammer had been a cross dresser, the actor conceded he had been “very sexually adventurous,” but said that did not include wearing women’s clothing.
Grammer declined to elaborate, saying, “that’s for the bedroom.”
The Boss star married Kayte Walsh, a British flight attendant 25 years his junior, in February 2011. The couple welcomed their first child, a girl, last month.
He and his reality star ex-wife divorced last year after 13 years of marriage. She once blamed the actor’s commitment to watching FOX News for the couple’s soured relationship.
“He was too busy watching FOX News. He didn't want to cuddle,” she said in 2011.
Watch the video below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'