Ken Loach Producer Rebecca O’Brien to Deliver Strategic Partners Keynote
Electronic Farm Entertainment co-founder Brent V. Friedman will also address the Canadian co-production market in September, which this year targets U.S. and UK producers.
TORONTO - Longtime Ken Loach producer Rebecca O’Brien and digital guru Brent V. Friedman have joined the lineup for Strategic Partners, taking place Sept. 13-16 in Halifax.
As the key Canadian co-production conference targets indie producers in the U.S. and Britain this year, O’Brien, who has made 12 movies with Loach, will participate in a keynote conversation on international film financing and production.
O’Brien’s film credits include the 2006 Palme D'Or winner The Wind That Shakes The Barley, this year's Cannes jury prize-winning The Angels’ Share and the Bean movie for Working Title.
Friedman, a founding partner in Electric Farm Entertainment, will also provide a keynote address in Halifax on storytelling in a fast-changing digital landscape.
His TV credits include writer/producer on Star Trek: Enterprise, Twilight Zone and co-creator of the NBC series Dark Skies.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR