'The Kennedys' Plummets 35% on Second Night
1:21 PM PDT 4/6/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
The third episode of the controversial miniseries – developed and then dropped by the History channel – averaged 841,000 viewers Tuesday night on ReelzChannel.
Interest in The Kennedys appears to be waning on ReelzChannel.The third installment of the controversial miniseries – developed and then dropped by the History channel – averaged 841,000 viewers on Tuesday night, according to Nielsen data supplied by the network. That’s down nearly 35 percent from Monday’s premiere, which averaged 1.3 million viewers for its two-part premiere, according to Nielsen. According to a press release issued Monday, Sunday’s premiere was watched by 1.9 million viewers, the “highest ratings in the network’s five-year history.” But that number was actually the combined viewership of the premiere plus one repeat airing, said a ReelzChannel spokesperson. According to final Nielsen numbers, the two-episode, two-hour premiere was watched by 1.3 million viewers. Last night’s episode – “Bay of Pigs” – pulled in a total of 1.7 million viewers over the course of its premiere and three repeat airings.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR