Kenneth Branagh's 'Jack Ryan' to Hit Theaters Christmas Day 2013
The origins pic, based on the hero of Tom Clancy's best-selling book series, stars Chris Pine.
Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions said Monday that they will release director Kenneth Branagh's Jack Ryan on Dec. 25, 2013.
The studio is looking to restart its marquee action-thriller franchise, this time with Chris Pine in the lead role. While based on the hero of Tom Clancy's best-selling book series, the movie is an original story that traces how a young Jack Ryan joined the CIA.
Pine has particular experience in his arena, having helped Paramount relaunch another key franchise as a young Captain Kirk in Star Trek (a untitled sequel opens in theaters May 13, 2013).
Keira Knightley plays the female lead in Jack Ryan, which also stars Kevin Costner and Branagh.
Jack Ryan's competition will include Universal's big-budget tentpole 47 Ronin and 20th Century Fox's Ben Stiller comedy The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, both of which also open Christmas Day.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least