Kenneth Branagh's 'Jack Ryan' to Hit Theaters Christmas Day 2013
The origins pic, based on the hero of Tom Clancy's best-selling book series, stars Chris Pine.
Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions said Monday that they will release director Kenneth Branagh's Jack Ryan on Dec. 25, 2013.
The studio is looking to restart its marquee action-thriller franchise, this time with Chris Pine in the lead role. While based on the hero of Tom Clancy's best-selling book series, the movie is an original story that traces how a young Jack Ryan joined the CIA.
Pine has particular experience in his arena, having helped Paramount relaunch another key franchise as a young Captain Kirk in Star Trek (a untitled sequel opens in theaters May 13, 2013).
Keira Knightley plays the female lead in Jack Ryan, which also stars Kevin Costner and Branagh.
Jack Ryan's competition will include Universal's big-budget tentpole 47 Ronin and 20th Century Fox's Ben Stiller comedy The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, both of which also open Christmas Day.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws