Keri Russell eyeing 'Wilde Kingdom'
'Felicity' actress in talks to star with Will Arnett in Fox comedy
Keri Russell is mulling a return to television. The "Felicity" star is in negotiations to star opposite Will Arnett in Fox's comedy "Wilde Kingdom."
"Wilde," from Lionsgate and Tantamount, stars Arnett as a Beverly Hills jackass who falls in love with a charitable tree-hugging woman (Russell) who can't stand his lifestyle or values.
"Arrested Development" creator Mitch Hurwitz co-penned the pilot with Arnett and "Development" writer-producer Jim Vallely. Joe and Anthony Russo are directing; Lionsgate and Tantamount are producing.
After her star-making turn as the lead on J.J. Abrams' series "Felicity" at WB Network, Russell was heavily pursued for pilots but focused on features, including roles in Abrams' "Mission: Impossible III" and the indie "Waitress."
She showed her comedic chops in 2007 during a two-episode stint on "Scrubs."
Russell, repped by WME, manager Joannie Burstein and attorney Robert Offer, most recently co-starred in the feature drama "Extraordinary Measures."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott