Kerner nets deal with Walden
Phil Anschutz's Walden Media has tapped "Charlotte's Web" producer Jordan Kerner for a multiyear, first-look deal with the family-friendly company.
The deal gives Walden exclusive first-look rights to all feature projects by Kerner and his Kerner Entertainment Co., which will set up shop at the company's Century City office.
"We had a great time working with Jordan on 'Charlotte's Web' and have wanted to bring him into the fold for some time," Walden CEO Gary Granat said. "Having known him for many years, I've been truly impressed with his rise to become a preeminent producer of global event family films."
Walden partnered this year with 20th Century Fox to market family films through Fox Walden.
"Our partnership is a perfect match," Kerner said. "As we move forward in an uncertain world, it becomes even more important to produce films which explore important values that can have a lasting place in the hearts and minds of families around the world."
Kerner's credits include "Snow Dogs" and the "Mighty Ducks" trilogy. With former partner Jon Avnet, he produced several dramas, including "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Less Than Zero."
He also is dean of the UNC's School of Filmmaking in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Kerner is repped by CAA and attorneys Chuck Scott and Tara Kole at Gang Tyre Ramer & Brown.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR