Kerry Washington on Her Stylist: 'We Were Fashion Twins Separated at Birth' (Video)
Erin Walsh says she and the "Django Unchained" star collaborate to create special fashion moments.
Kerry Washington and stylist Erin Walsh say they work so well together because they’re quite in sync.
"We’re very collaborative. I feel like we were fashion twins separated at birth," Washington says in a behind-the-scenes video of her photo shoot for The Hollywood Reporter’s 2013 stylists issue, which celebrates the industry's most powerful stylists. "We come up with stories for a particular season or a particular press tour."
Walsh says that story is told with their choices.
"In terms of narrative -- that goes into silhouette, texture, cut -- making distinctions and having each moment," she says. "We use that word a lot: 'moment.' "
Adds Washington, "Is it a fashion 'moment' or not?"
When asked what their favorite look of awards season was, both instantly produce the same answer.
"This huge, gorgeous gown with these horses that I wore for the London premiere of Django [Unchained]," Washington says. "Because the movie is all about Jamie [Foxx] saving me on these white horses, it seemed perfect in every way."
THR’s stylists issue features four covers of stars and their stylists, including Zoe Saldana and Petra Flannery, Jennifer Lopez and Rob Zangardi & Mariel Haenn, Taylor Swift and Joseph Cassell and Julianne Moore and Leslie Fremar.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least