Kevin Clash Accused of Sex Abuse by Fourth Alleged Victim
The Elmo actor, who resigned from "Sesame Street" last month, is the subject of another lawsuit filed Monday in Miami.
A fourth accuser has come forward in the underage sex case of former Elmo voice actor Kevin Cash.
A fourth man -- using the name John Doe -- has filed suit against Clash via his attorney Jeff Herman, who also represents two other men accusing Clash of sexual abuse. NBC News first reported the Monday filing.
STORY: Kevin Clash 'Deeply Sorry' to Leave Sesame Street
The lawsuit filed in Miami claims that Clash befriended Doe in late 1995 or early 1996, when Doe was 16 or 17. In 1996, the accuser says that Clash paid to fly him from Miami to New York. It was during Doe's trip to New York that the abuse allegedly occurred.
Said Herman in a statement, "According to our lawsuit, Kevin Clash knowingly paid to transport a minor across state lines for the purpose of satisfying his sexual interests."
STORY: PBS' Paula Kerger on Fred Willard's Arrest, Big Bird and the Elmo Sex Scandal
News of the scandal broke in early November, when 24-year-old Sheldon Stephens claimed to have had a sexual relationship with Clash when he was 16. The puppeteer announced a leave of absence from Sesame Workshop, and Stephens later recanted his accusations.
Shortly thereafter, two additional accusers came forward, including Cecil Singleton, who alleges that he met Clash on a gay phone line in the 1990s, and another Florida man who has chosen to remain anonymous.
On Nov. 20, Clash officially resigned from Sesame Street, saying: "Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing, and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately."