Kevin Pollak to Direct Comedian Doc 'Misery Loves Comedy'
The film explores the lifestyle of stand-up comedians.
Kevin Pollak has signed on to direct the documentary Misery Loves Comedy, about the life of stand-up comedians.
The film will feature interviews with a wide variety of comedians along with archival footage and photos. Featured interviewees include Michael Ian Black, Rob Delaney, Jon Favreau, Paul Feig, Jim Gaffigan, Christopher Guest, Chris Hardwick, Penn Jillette, Richard Kind, Lisa Kudrow, Richard Lewis, Marc Maron, Jim Norton, Opie & Anthony, Jason Reitman, Andy Richter, Bob Saget, David Wain and Alan Zweibel.
The doc is produced by Becky Newhall of Newaley Pictures and Burton Ritchie and Ben Galecki of Heretic Films.
Pollak, an actor and comedian who has been doing stand-up since he was in his teens, will make his film directorial debut with the project. He's had roles in more than 70 projects, including The Usual Suspects, Casino and A Few Good Men. He's repped by Mavrick Artists Agency and Super Artists.
"My hope is that we shed all new light on the pain behind the humor, but also uncover more about the minds and hearts of comedians than any of us think we know," said Pollak in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram