Kevin Smith Drops 65 Lbs After Airline Incident
8:58 AM PST 2/9/2011 by THR staff
Red State director Kevin Smith is fit to fly again.
A year after he was famously booted off Southwest Air flight because of his weight, he says he has dropped 65 pounds.
"I feel mixed feelings about losing the weight," he told HLN's Joy Behar Tuesday. "I sympathize far more with heavier people than I ever will with thin. I'll never be thin. Let's be honest, I've lost 65 pounds, but nobody's going, 'I wanna sleep with you!' They're just like, 'Keep going, you look better.'"
Even though he weighs considerably less - in 2008, he admitted, "I broke a toilet. That’s how heavy I am" - he told Behar he has no plans to don thinner duds.
"I'm the same person I was 65 pounds ago," Smith said. "...Sometimes a fat dude has a lot to offer, if [you] can just get past the blubber."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game