Keyshia Cole Calls Beyonce 'Self-Righteous'
The R&B singer incites outrage from Queen B fans with tweets criticizing the superstar's new song, "Bow Down/I Been On."
While Beyonce fans are (mostly) loving the superstar's gritty new single "Bow Down/I Been On," Keyshia Cole is not impressed.
"Can't stand when people all self righteous when it's convenient it makes them look good," the R&B singer tweeted Monday. "Lmao! But can still talk sh-t when convenient 2 FOH."
On Sunday, Beyonce debuted "Bow Down", which features the singer defiantly repeating the lyric "Bow down, bitches" in full-on Sasha Fierce mode. Another line seems to reference husband Jay-Z: "I took some time to live my life, don't think I'm just his little wife."
"First 'Women need to Stick together' now b---hes better Bow. Smh. But it's all G! Chicks stay shooting the s--t. But when I speak my mind its a prob," complained Cole, upsetting the loyal, Twitter-dwelling Bey Hive.
In response to Cole, one pro-Beyonce fan replied: "it's a fun s--t talkin song .. Don't try and make it more just so u can have some bulls--t to say."
"When Beyoncé sings she's Sasha Fierce though, so get ya life," a Cole critic sniped.
Meanwhile, some Queen B lovers -- in agreement with Cole -- are bristling at what they perceive to be an anti-feminist message out of sync with Beyonce's personal brand of empowerment. Recall: the girl-power song "Run the World"; her electrifying Super Bowl halftime performance alongside Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams and an army of female dancers.
"the irony of beyonce screaming 'bow down b*tches' after all those girl power anthems isn't lost on me," said a tweet from @bomani_jones.
The Hit Boy-produced "Bow Down" is Beyonce's first new material since her 2011 album Four, released before the birth of her daughter Blue Ivy. Coinciding with her fifth studio album, she launches her "Mrs. Carter World Tour" on June 28 in Los Angeles.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David