Kickstarter to Launch in Canada This Summer
The expansion into its second-largest market follows rival crowdfunding site Indiegogo.
KARLOVY VARY -- Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter is to expand into Canada later this summer, according to an announcement on its Twitter account.
The crowdfunding platform for new businesses is so far inviting Canadians to submit their e-mail and project category to receive a signal when the site arrives north of the border.
Canadian filmmakers have looked to the crowdfunding service with relish since Kickstarter helped raise financing for a Veronica Mars movie and Zach Braff's Kickstarter campaign for Wish I Was Here closed with nearly $3.1 million in donations.
The move north by Kickstarter follows rival Indiegogo, which has Canada as its second-largest market, last week expanding its payment options for local content creators.
Kickstarter launched in the U.K. a year ago.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR