KidsCo to Launch Syfy Kids Genre Block In June
Joint venture investors NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment have secured the animated series "The Mummy" and "Earthworm Jim" for the debut.
TORONTO -- International children’s network KidsCo has set a June 2013 launch for Syfy Kids, a dedicated block of kids genre shows for NBCUniversal’s Syfy channel.
The joint venture between NBCUniversal International and Canada’s Corus Entertainment has acquired a slew of kids titles for the Syfy Kids offering, including a first-run exclusive of Zuzu & the Supernuffs from Matchbox Pictures, and Nelvana Enterprises’ Di-Gata Defenders and Z-Squad series.
KidsCo also acquired from NBCUniversal International Television Distribution the animated series The Mummy and Earthworm Jim.
The Syfy Kids block will be sustained by a programming pipeline from NBCUniversal and Corus, while adding third-party content partners.
The new venture aims to extend the Syfy brand to a new generation of young viewers.
KidsCo, launched in Sept. 2007, is broadcast from the production headquarters of Corus Entertainment in Toronto.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott