KidsCo to Launch Syfy Kids Genre Block In June
Joint venture investors NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment have secured the animated series "The Mummy" and "Earthworm Jim" for the debut.
TORONTO -- International children’s network KidsCo has set a June 2013 launch for Syfy Kids, a dedicated block of kids genre shows for NBCUniversal’s Syfy channel.
The joint venture between NBCUniversal International and Canada’s Corus Entertainment has acquired a slew of kids titles for the Syfy Kids offering, including a first-run exclusive of Zuzu & the Supernuffs from Matchbox Pictures, and Nelvana Enterprises’ Di-Gata Defenders and Z-Squad series.
KidsCo also acquired from NBCUniversal International Television Distribution the animated series The Mummy and Earthworm Jim.
The Syfy Kids block will be sustained by a programming pipeline from NBCUniversal and Corus, while adding third-party content partners.
The new venture aims to extend the Syfy brand to a new generation of young viewers.
KidsCo, launched in Sept. 2007, is broadcast from the production headquarters of Corus Entertainment in Toronto.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack