Kiefer Sutherland, John Hurt to Star in Web-Based Action Series
9:46 AM PST 1/13/2011 by THR staff
It is Sutherland’s first post-'24' role.
Kiefer Sutherland and two-time Academy Award nominee John Hurt are teaming up for The Confession, a new scripted Web action series, Digital Broadcasting Group announced Thursday.The ten 5-minute episodes — in which Sutherland plays a hitman who talks to a priest (Hurt) about why his victims deserved to die -- will air on HULU.com in March, and be distributed across DBG. Sutherland is executive producing the series with Chris Young and Joseph Gomes of DBG and Maura Mandt of Maggie Vision. The project marks Sutherland’s first endeavor in web development. “This experience that is The Confession has taken everything I have learned over the last 25 years from storytelling to acting and challenged it in a way like no other experience that I’ve had,” Sutherland said in a statement. ”From five to seven minute episodes, to creating a character that I believe is edgy enough to stand out and make an impression in the vast Internet. In short, I’m having a blast.” His last major role was playing government agent Jack Bauer on Fox's critically-praised 24.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR