Kiefer Sutherland Web Action Series Acquired by Bell Media for Canada
The Canadian broadcaster will stream the online series on its CTV.ca, mobile and iPad app platforms.
WHISTLER, B.C. - Bell Media has acquired the exclusive Canadian rights to the Kiefer Sutherland and John Hurt-starring web action series The Confession from Digital Broadcasting Group.
The Canadian network will stream the online series, which was co-created by, produced by and stars Sutherland, on its CTV.ca, mobile and iPad app platforms.
The Confession, comprising ten 5-7 minute episodes, debuted on Hulu in March 2011.
The story arc has Sutherland in the role of a hitman telling a priest, played by Hurt, why his victims deserved to die.
The Confession was shot in Manhattan, with Sutherland teaming up with writer/director Brad Mirman (Body of Evidence and Resurrection).
Mirman and Sutherland in 1997 collaborated on Truth or Consequences, N.M., where a drug deal goes bad and the wrongdoers are forced to run.
Chris Young and Joseph Gomes from Digital Broadcasting Group are shopping the series, whose production was stick-handled by Maura Mandt of Maggievision Productions.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Can You Guess These Famous Lines From Office Space From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- Make Your Own Shonda Rhimes Monologue With Vulture’s Scandal Monologue Mad-Libs
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Valerie Harper Clarifies 'Absolutely Cancer Free' Comment
- Taylor Swift's Superfan Gena Shares More Pics from Her Surprise Bridal Shower Visit!
- Rosie O'Donnell Shows Off Fifty Pound Weight Loss - See Her Before & After!
- North West is Such an Angel - See Kim Kardashian & Kanye West's Daughter's Adorable Outfit!