Kiefer Sutherland Web Action Series Acquired by Bell Media for Canada
The Canadian broadcaster will stream the online series on its CTV.ca, mobile and iPad app platforms.
WHISTLER, B.C. - Bell Media has acquired the exclusive Canadian rights to the Kiefer Sutherland and John Hurt-starring web action series The Confession from Digital Broadcasting Group.
The Canadian network will stream the online series, which was co-created by, produced by and stars Sutherland, on its CTV.ca, mobile and iPad app platforms.
The Confession, comprising ten 5-7 minute episodes, debuted on Hulu in March 2011.
The story arc has Sutherland in the role of a hitman telling a priest, played by Hurt, why his victims deserved to die.
The Confession was shot in Manhattan, with Sutherland teaming up with writer/director Brad Mirman (Body of Evidence and Resurrection).
Mirman and Sutherland in 1997 collaborated on Truth or Consequences, N.M., where a drug deal goes bad and the wrongdoers are forced to run.
Chris Young and Joseph Gomes from Digital Broadcasting Group are shopping the series, whose production was stick-handled by Maura Mandt of Maggievision Productions.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR