The Killers End U.K. Gig After Five Songs
The U.S. Band’s singer Brandon Flowers told the crowd at the Manchester Arena he could not continue because he had lost his voice.
The Killers apologized to fans on Facebook and tweeted that Wednesday's show would also be cancelled and that both dates would be rearranged, reported the BBC.
The Killers are due to play the O2 Arena in London on Friday and Saturday as well as Wembley Stadium next year.
The Las Vegas band said on Facebook: "Manchester, we started something we couldn't finish and we're so, so sorry.
"Working on rescheduling tonight and tomorrow's shows. Will let you know new dates ASAP."
They added on Twitter: "Both Manchester shows (scheduled for the 13th & 14th) have been cancelled. We will have info about the rescheduled dates very soon."
The audience were said to have reacted well to the bad news, said the BBC.
Manchester Arena said in a statement on its website: "Lead singer Brandon Flowers had to take a break early into Tuesday evening's performance after complaining of a sore throat. Unfortunately, he was unable to continue with the rest of the show.
"The band intend to reschedule both Manchester concerts for next year. Confirmation of the new dates is expected within 48 hours."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed