'The Killing' Star Joins 'Gangster Squad' as Josh Brolin’s Wife
Mireille Enos will co-star in the Warner Bros.-Village Roadshow period crime drama, being directed by Ruben Fleischer.
Mireille Enos, the star of AMC’s The Killing, is in negotiations to play Josh Brolin’s wife in Gangster Squad, the period crime movie being made by Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow.
Ruben Fleischer is directing while Dan Lin and Kevin McCormick are producing. Jon Silk is co-producing.
Gangster is based on a seven-part Los Angeles Times article written by Paul Lieberman centered on how in the 1940s, amid corruption and chaos, the LAPD created a unit called the Gangster Squad to keep the East Coast mafia out of the city.
Brolin is starring as John O'Mara, one of the few cops not on the payroll of gangster Mickey Cohen, being portrayed by Sean Penn. Ryan Gosling, meanwhile, will play Sgt. Jerry Wooters, a good cop who loves the bachelor life.
Also in the cast are Michael Pena, Anthony Mackie and Giovanni Ribisi. Emma Stone is in talks to play a role as well.
If a deal makes, Enos will play O’Mara’s wife, who is afraid her husband may die while in the line of duty but still helps him pick his squad.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws