Kim Basinger Joins 'One Square Mile'
UPDATED: She plays the mother of a troubled teen who finds a reluctant mentor in a neighbor who is a track coach.
Oscar winner Kim Basinger has joined the cast of the independent movie One Square Mile.
She will play Claire, the mother of a troubled son (Kelly Blatz) who is at a difficult and violent junction in his life.
Richard Jenkins plays the boy’s neighbor, a reclusive track coach who becomes the young man’s reluctant mentor. The cast also includes Cam Gigandet as Claire's older son, Analeigh Tipton and Rhys Coiro.
One Square Mile, being made on a budget under $5 million, is the first English-language production from director Charles-Olivier Michaud since Snow & Ashes, which won the Grand Jury Sparky Award for best narrative film at Slamdance in 2010.
Basinger won an Oscar for her supporting turn in 1997’s L.A. Confidential, played Vicki Vale in 1989’s Batman and went on to star in such films as 8 Mile, Cellular and The Sentinel. She appeared in 2008's The Burning Plain, which starred Charlize Theron and was directed by Guillermo Arriga, and more recently was in Black November with Mickey Rourke, her co-star from the 1986 movie 9 1/2 Weeks.
One Square Mile begins production next week in Seattle.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR