Kim Basinger Joins 'One Square Mile'
UPDATED: She plays the mother of a troubled teen who finds a reluctant mentor in a neighbor who is a track coach.
Oscar winner Kim Basinger has joined the cast of the independent movie One Square Mile.
She will play Claire, the mother of a troubled son (Kelly Blatz) who is at a difficult and violent junction in his life.
Richard Jenkins plays the boy’s neighbor, a reclusive track coach who becomes the young man’s reluctant mentor. The cast also includes Cam Gigandet as Claire's older son, Analeigh Tipton and Rhys Coiro.
One Square Mile, being made on a budget under $5 million, is the first English-language production from director Charles-Olivier Michaud since Snow & Ashes, which won the Grand Jury Sparky Award for best narrative film at Slamdance in 2010.
Basinger won an Oscar for her supporting turn in 1997’s L.A. Confidential, played Vicki Vale in 1989’s Batman and went on to star in such films as 8 Mile, Cellular and The Sentinel. She appeared in 2008's The Burning Plain, which starred Charlize Theron and was directed by Guillermo Arriga, and more recently was in Black November with Mickey Rourke, her co-star from the 1986 movie 9 1/2 Weeks.
One Square Mile begins production next week in Seattle.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David