Kim Cattrall Among GLAAD Media Award Winners
"The Kids Are All Right" also is honored as best film at the ceremony, hosted by "Glee" co-star Naya Rivera.
Kim Cattrall and The Kids Are All Right were among the winners Saturday night at the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's 22nd annual Media Awards.
The Sex and the City star was honored with the Golden Gate Award, which is presented to a media professional who has increased the visibility and understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.
The Oscar-nominated family drama The Kids Are All Right, starring Annette Bening and Julianne Moore as lesbian mothers, was awarded the outstanding film trophy.
Other winners included 8: The Mormon Proposition for documentary, Christian Chavez as Spanish-language music artist and AT&T as corporate leader. Tech writer Kara Swisher received the Local Hero Award.
The ceremony, held at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, was hosted by Glee co-star Naya Rivera.
The GLAAD Media Awards honor media for accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.
Other awards were previously presented at ceremonies in New York on March 19 and Los Angeles on April 10, where honorees included Ricky Martin, Kristin Chenoweth, Russell Simmons, NBC Universal's Robert Greenblatt, 30 Rock, Glee, Modern Family and True Blood.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack