Kim Kardashian Has Not Received Death Threats on Set of 'The Marriage Counselor,' Reps Say
The reality star, who recently ended her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries, is currently in Atlanta, GA filming scenes for the Tyler Perry film.
On Friday, reports surfaced claiming that security for Kim Kardashian was beefed up on the set of Tyler Perry's new film The Marriage Counselor after the reality star received death and kidnapping threats.
But, a rep for Kardashian tells The Hollywood Reporter that "there is no truth to her getting death and kidnapping threats."
Kardashian, who started filming her part for the movie Nov. 9 in Atlanta, GA, has had a rough few weeks.
The Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Kourtney & Kim Take New York star filed for divorce from husband of 72 days Kris Humphries Oct. 31. Almost immediately the legitimacy of the union and Kardashian's motives for marrying the NBA star were questioned. Humphries hired his own divorce lawyer Nov. 11.
And, the backlash hasn't stopped there. Perry's loyal fan base have been writing in to his website to express their displeasure with the casting, which sees Kardashian playing Ava, the best friend of the film's protagonist (played by Friday Night Lights actress Jurnee Smollett).
"Personally, I am sick to death of her being glorified for nothing more than having sex on camera," wrote one. Adding, "She doesn't need the money and she certainly doesn't need any more attention. And, although I still support you, I won't be contributing one dime to anything with K. Kardashian in it."
Additionally 'blacktresses' were upset with the casting, Holly Robinson Peete kidded the day Kardashian started filming, saying, “We can always count on Tyler Perry to give a ‘blacktress’ a job," she joked. "So, all across the world ‘blacktresses’ are upset.”
But, apparently none of the negativity has affected the burgeoning actress' on-set demeanor.
A studio source tells THR "Kim has been nothing but low-key and agreeable on the set," adding that they haven't heard anything about threats to the actress' safety.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David