Kim Kardashian's Husband Kris Humphries Hires Divorce Lawyer
The basketball player has reportedly found his representation for the split from the reality star.
It looks as if E! reality star Kim Kardashian and basketball player Kris Humphries’ clandestine meeting with his pastor in Minn. hasn’t changed the forward momentum of her divorce filing last week.
According to TMZ, Humphries has hired his divorce attorney: Lee A. Hutton, III of the firm Lommen Abdo in Minn. According to his company profile, the attorney specializes in a wide range of legal areas. In this case, his experience with representing athletes in contract negotiations is applicable, though divorce isn’t listed as one of his specialties.
That kind of experience may not be necessary in this case, since the couple has a prenuptial agreement. And according to the celebrity news site’s sources, there are no conflicts over who gets what in the split. It also helps that reportedly Hutton represented Humphries when the prenup was first being drawn up.
If the proceedings go as smoothly as expected, the couple’s divorce will be official six months from when Kardashian filed the papers from her husband of 72 days – which is the minimum amount of time required by law. That’s also almost four months longer than they were married by the way.
THR has reached out to Hutton for comment, but he didn’t immediately return our request.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR