Kim Kardashian Defends Her Decision to End Marriage
The E! reality star penned a statement on her personal website admitting she "got caught up in the hoopla."
“I am trying not to read all the different media reports but it’s hard not to see all the negative ones,” Kardashian tweeted on Tuesday. “First and foremost, I married for love. I can’t believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show!”
She says that sharing the wedding with fans on E!’s two part wedding special in early October is just part of who she is and how the Kardashian family chooses to conduct their lives.
“We filmed Kourtney giving birth, Khloe getting married, break ups, make ups, our best moments and our worst moments,” she writes. “These were all real moments. That’s what makes us who we are. We share, we give, we love and we are open!”
She then goes on to describe the “rollercoaster” she was on as the wedding approached and expresses regret for not ending the relationship sooner.
“I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to,” she reveals. “And didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people.”
Kardashian then ends her statement by saying that reports that she made millions off of her wedding are “simply not true” and announced that she will be donating the money from her wedding gifts to the Dream Foundation.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack