Kim Kardashian Is Officially Hitched: 5 Ways She Did It Her Way
From the gowns to the honeymoon and a big pay day, the new bride made sure she came out on top.
It’s official, Kardashiacs. Reality star and entrepreneur Kim Kardashian and New Jersey Nets basketballer Kris Humphries have tied the knot.
The couple married on an 11-acre estate in Montecito, Calif. on Saturday where the only TV cameras allowed during the ceremony were E!’s. The network will air a two part special, Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event on Oct. 9 and 10. The special’s title is pretty appropriate when it comes to the event.
Here are 5 ways that made the night especially Kardashian:
1. Cost? Zero. With the reported sales of its engagment announcement to People for $300,000, $100,000 to Britain’s OK Magazine for the bridal shower coverage, and another $1.5 million from People for the exclusive on the wedding photos, plus freebies bartered in exchange for promotion, the wedding actually pays for itself and still leaves a pretty penny for the couple to put away for a rainy day.
2. No one upstages the bride. While some may look down on the bridesmaids wearing white, Kardashian knows she doesn’t have to worry about being overshadowed with her assets and two Vera Wang gowns. So, in true Pippa Middleton-like fashion, her bridesmaids wore ivory.
3. Soulful Sounds. The event’s performers included Stevie Wonder, and funk group, Earth, Wind, and Fire. Plus, the music stylings of DJ Cassidy who has spun the night away for Jennifer Lopez, Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Naomi Campbell, Tina Turner and Alicia Keys as some of his clients.
4. Only a few hundred of her closest friends. According to E!Online, the 500-person guest list included Brody Jenner and Avril Lavigne, Eva Longoria, Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough, Kathy Lee Gifford, Mario Lopez, Ciara, Joe Francis, George Lopez, Venus and Serena Williams, Lara Spencer, and Maria Menounos.
5. Honey, later. Sure, it would be nice to cap off the night by being swept off to a romantic honeymoon, but Kim doesn’t have the time. She’s a working girl. After the wedding, she has to report for work in New York City to shoot the second season of Kourtney & Kim Take New York. But, really, the celebration isn’t over. She’s having another wedding reception in the Big Apple on Aug. 31.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical