Kim Kardashian Donates $50K to Trevor Project
The E! reality star raised funds while participating in a charity event for Cantor Fitzgerald back in September.
Kim Kardashian is giving back.
The reality star raised $50,000 for The Trevor Project, a non-profit suicide-prevention organization for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth, while participating in a charity event with Cantor Fitzgerald. The investment bank gives away millions of dollars each year on Sept. 11 in honor of their employees who died during the tragic 2001 terrorist attack.
The Trevor Project has attracted a slew of celebrity donors in recent years, including Daniel Radcliffe, Jodie Foster, Neil Patrick Harris, Chris Colfer, James Marsden and Darren Criss. Founded in 1998, The Trevor Project offers a free and confidential telephone number, which connects young callers with professional counselors.
Kardashian’s hefty donation lands her among the organization’s largest donors, with a source adding that she is planning to visit a call center in the near future.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services