Kim Kardashian Lands Role in Tyler Perry’s 'Marriage Counselor'
The Lionsgate film will be Perry’s 13th collaboration with the studio.
Kim Kardashian will move to the big screen for a role in Tyler Perry’s upcoming film, The Marriage Counselor, Lionsgate confirmed.
The upcoming comedy-drama will be Perry’s 13th collaboration with the studio.
The Marriage Counselor is adapted from Perry's 10th play, which began touring in 2008. The story centers around a married couple – an accountant and an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor – whose relationship begins to fall apart after his displaced parents move in.
The marriage counselor, Judith, stops practicing what she preaches when she rekindles a relationship with an old college flame.
Kardashian, repped by WME, will play Judith’s co-worker in the film. As previously reported by The Hollywood Reporter, production on Perry’s film will begin in late October.
This role will be one of the biggest for Kardashian, who is most well-known for her reality show, Keeping Up with Kardashians.
Her past feature film roles include Deep in the Valley and Disaster Movie.
In March, Lionsgate re-upped its first-look deal with Perry, which has been extremely lucrative for both since it began in 2005.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR