Kim Kardashian Wedding to Feature Performances By Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind and Fire and DJ Cassidy
According to an insider, Kris Jenner was originally eyeing a big-name act like Christina Aguilera to sing at the wedding.
Don't expect to see Christina Aguilera or Jennifer Lopez performing at Kim Kardashian's wedding on Saturday.
Instead, Stevie Wonder and Earth, Wind and Fire are expected to perform at the wedding, the New York Post reports. An insider tells The Hollywood Reporter that Kris Jenner has also booked DJ Cassidy as one of the performers at her daughter's wedding -- said to be taking place at the Montecito mansion owned by former Google CEO Eric Schmidt -- to NBA basketball player Kris Humphries.
According to an insider, Jenner was eyeing a big-name act like Aguilera or Lopez to sing, but there was a catch: She wasn't willing to pay to compensate for their time and services. (Private concerts by the singers begin at $1 million.)
Wonder and Earth, Wind and Fire are proven entertainers, but DJ Cassidy is no slouch either. According to his MySpace page, he counts Lopez, Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Naomi Campbell, Tina Turner and Alicia Keys as some of his clients. In 2007, the DJ performed at Oprah Winfrey's New Year's Eve party in South Africa.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'