Kim Raver joins 'Grey's Anatomy' full time
Actress' recurring gig turns into a regular role on ABC series
Kim Raver is taking up permanent residence at Seattle Grace.
Raver has been upped to a regular on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" only two months after she joined the medical drama as a recurring character.
The "Lipstick Jungle" star made her debut in the ninth episode of "Grey's'" current sixth season, playing Teddy Altman, a new cardio surgeon brought in by her former Army colleague Owen (Kevin McKidd). She quickly stirred things up by professing her feelings for Owen, laying the groundwork for a love triangle with him and Christina (Sandra Oh).
Raver is expected to appear in all but one of the show's remaining episodes this season.
In becoming a regular, Raver joins two other recent additions to "Grey's," McKidd and Jessica Capshaw, who started off as recurring on the medical drama last season before being promoted to regulars.
Raver, whose series credits include "24" and "The Nine," is repped by WME and Mosaic.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'