Kings of Leon Doc Added to Tribeca Film Fest Lineup
10:52 AM PDT 4/4/2011 by Mark Cina
Tony Kaye’s drama "Detachment," starring Adrien Brody, also will have its world premiere.
Two more films have been added to the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival feature lineup: The world premiere of Tony Kaye’s drama Detachment and a work-in-progress screening of Stephen C. Mitchell’s doc Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon.Detachment — a multi-layered drama about the intertwining lives of several high school teachers, administrators and students— stars Adrien Brody and Christina Hendricks and will debut as part of the Spotlight section at TFF Talihina Sky, which takes a behind-the-scenes look at the rise of Kings of Leon, is a special screening. “We're thrilled that we were able to include both of these films in the lineup,” David Kwok, director of programming, said in a statement. “Both complement the program well. Talihina Sky caps off a strong year of music films, and Detachment adds to the distinct dramas that we're presenting, and it's great that it's set in New York and made here.” The 10th edition of the Festival will take place from April 20 to May 1 in lower Manhattan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR