Kings of Leon: Fans React To Tour Cancellation
The band announced Monday that they cancelled all of their U.S. tour dates after singer Caleb Followill walked off stage at a Dallas concert July 29.
On Monday, Kings of Leon announced the cancellation of its US summer tour.
The news came after a dramatic weekend, in which lead singer Caleb Followill walked off the stage during a Dallas show, and did not return.
Rumors have been circulating, that there are more serious issues than the "vocal issues and exhaustion" that were cited as causes.
Caleb's own brother Jared even tweeted "there are internal sicknesses & problems that have needed to be addressed," while the singer's other brother, Nathan, said "We all need some rest" and reassured fans that the band has no plans to break up.
Since the news broke, fans have been posting their thoughts on Facebook and Twitter. A special Facebook page, Counting on the Night for a Beautiful Day (lyrics from their "Be Somebody" song), for fans to write messages of support to Caleb was also created Monday.
"The inner turmoil the band may be suffering at this point in time is nothing compared to the love and admiration from the KOL community. We love you, we care for you, and most of all, your music has inspired us," wrote Leah Penney.
Jessica Nicole Lerer also offered support, writing, "Love KOL so much! The fans will be here when you guys return better than ever!"
And Josalyn Noel Coultrup said "Take all the time you guys need! We know it's for the best!! We'll always love you guys!!"
Twitter users weren't as kind, and took to the social networking site to air frustrations about the concert cancellations.
"The KOL tour is cancelled?!? What is the point of October now? Goodbye free tickets from @youngfollowill, hoping the best for the band," wrote freshesttartlet.
Michelle Sadlier tweeted, "I love my KOL boys, but seriously, they need to get their act together."
While Mike Haeg joked: "The good news for Kings Leon fans in Dallas is they won't have to sit thru another #kol show"
"Honestly just teared up because kol is done touring! # dissapotingwaytoendmysummer," said Celina Lancaster.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!