Kings of Leon to Perform for NHL Opener
The Grammy-winning band will appear on stage in Montreal ahead of the Canadiens' season-opening matchup with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
TORONTO – The National Hockey League is ready to rock.
The pro hockey league is bringing the Kings of Leon to Montreal on Oct. 1 to drum up excitement with a 40-minute set ahead of the opening game of the Montreal Canadiens' season.
The Grammy-winning band, which have a new album, Mechanical Bull, to promote, will headline NHL Face-Off, a free street festival of music and entertainment to precede a Saturday night matchup between the Canadiens and the Toronto Maple Leafs.
The NHL earlier held music-driven Face Off events in Detroit, Toronto and Winnipeg.
The Kings of Leon’s performance in Montreal will feature in the CBC's pre-game show at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 1, before the pubcaster's season-opening Hockey Night in Canada telecast.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting