'The King's Speech,' 'In a Better World,' 'Unknown' Compete for European People's Choice Award
Previous winners of the European Film Academy's audience honor include "Slumdog Millionaire," "Volver" and "Amelie."
BERLIN - Oscar champs The King's Speech and In a Better World, Berlin-set actioner Unknown from Spanish helmer Jaume Collet-Serra and 3D animation film Animals United are among the nominees for this year's European People's Choice Award. The honor is one of the European Film Awards, Europe's answer to the Oscars. But unlike the rest of the EFAs, which are voted on by members of the European Film Academy, anyone in Europe can vote for the People's Choice Awards via the EFA website.
Other titles competiting for audience approval this year include Iciar Bollain's Even the Rain, starring Gael Garcia Bernal; the French features Potiche from Francois Ozon and Little White Lies by Guillaume Canet and Luca Miniero's Italian comedy Welcome To The South.
Previous European People's Choice Award winners include Roberto Benigni's Life is Beautiful, Pedro Almodovar's Volver and Slumdog Millionare from Danny Boyle. This year's winner will be announced at the 24th European Film Awards in Berlin Dec. 3.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR