Kirk Douglas, 94, Cracks Up Audience at Oscars (Video)
He makes Anne Hathaway blush and calls out Colin Firth for never laughing.
Kirk Douglas, 94, stole the show at the 83rd annual Academy Awards Sunday.
Before introducing the Best Supporting Actress nominees, he told host James Franco he looked better out of the cave, a funny reference to Franco's film 127 Hours.
He then praised Franco's Oscar co-host Anne Hathaway.
"She's gorgeous!," Douglas gushed, causing Hathaway to blow him kisses. "Where were you when I was making pictures?"
He also made a few jokes at Hugh Jackman for always laughing and poked fun at Colin Firth for never laughing ("He's British!" he sniped).
He then opened the envelope, but kept delaying announcing the winner, causing the audience to crack up.
He finally announced the winner: Melissa Leo, for The Fighter.
"You're much more beautiful than you were in The Fighter!" he told her.
"You're not so bad yourself ... what are you doing later on?" Leo jokingly asked him.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills