KISS to Rock LA's First-Ever Outdoor Hockey Game at Dodger Stadium
The rock band will share the Hollywood stage with the NHL teams as part of the 2014 Coors Light Stadium Series outdoor event on Jan. 25.
TORONTO -- TV reality star Gene Simmons and his rock band Kiss are set to perform at Dodger Stadium as part of the NHL 2014 Coors Light Stadium Series.
The first outdoor hockey game in Los Angeles puts the L.A. Kings against the Anaheim Ducks on Jan. 25.
The veteran rock act will perform before the game and during the first intermission. It will air on NBC Sports Network in the U.S. and on CBC and RDS2 in Canada.
Kiss will be part of an entertainment lineup that aims to blend Hollywood and NHL stars as part of the warm-weather outdoor game in Dodger Stadium.
"Los Angeles is the premier hub for sports and entertainment in this country, and we are honored to be part of an event that fuses both by rocking the first-ever outdoor NHL game in L.A.," Simmons said in a statement Thursday.
Simmons and fellow Kiss member Paul Stanley also are behind a new arena football team, LA KISS, to debut at the Honda Center in Anaheim.
News of the gig came a day after the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on Wednesday in Ann Arbor, Mich., set an NHL attendance record with 105,491 fans on hand at Michigan Stadium.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10