Kissing Vancouver Hockey Riot Couple Are Identified
The identities of a Vancouver couple photographed in a romantic embrace as police fought off rioting hooligans on Wednesday night have been identified as Alex Thomas and Australian stand-up comic Scott Jones.
TORONTO -- The kissing couple photographed amid the chaos of Vancouver’s rioting hockey fans on Wednesday night have been unmasked.
“It is something he would do. That’s our boy,” Megan Jones, mother of Australian stand-up comic Scott Jones, said as she identified her son now in Vancouver to the ninemsn.com website Friday.
And the young girl caught by freelance photographer Rich Lam kissing on the ground with boyfriend Jones as rioters faced off with the Vancouver police is Canadian girlfriend Alex Thomas.
"I'd have to have my house flooded to get on the news, but he just has to kiss a beautiful girl," Megan Jones said.
Jones and Thomas were photographed locked in a kiss as the police charged rioters after game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, and the photo became an Internet sensation after it was tweeted to social media sites and the world media.
Speculation became rife over whether the couple had been thrown to the ground by passing marauders, or were captured in a romantic embrace.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR