'Knight and Day' takes in $1.6 mil in India
Third-best Hollywood opening this year, distrib says
NEW DELHI -- "Knight And Day” collected about 75 million rupees ($1.6 million) on its opening weekend here, making it the third-biggest opening for a Hollywood film this year and the biggest opener for Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, respectively, in India, according to the film's distributor Fox Star Studios.
“Knight And Day” was released with 275 prints which FSS claims were one-third the number than this year's other major Hollywood releases “Clash of the Titans” and “Prince of Persia,” but that the actioner yielded a higher opening.
The film also had a better opening than domestic releases “Red Alert” and romantic musical “Milenge Milenge,” and performing stronger than Paramount's “The Last Airbender."
“Not only is the Tom-Cameron pair a huge crowd puller, the film’s exciting blend of action and comedy has also been highly appreciated by audiences across the country. With strong word of mouth promotions going on for the film, we are expecting a further surge in the collections for the week ahead," FSS India CEO Vijay Singh said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR