Kobalt and Martin Kierszenbaum to Form Cherrytree Music Publishing
Martin Kierszenbaum, a Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer as well as the co-founder of the successful Cherrytree Records, has partnered with Kobalt to launch Cherrytree Music Publishing, for which Kobalt will provide funding as well as admin and creative services.
“I’m excited to be starting Cherrytree Music Publishing in partnership with Kobalt, Richard Sanders and especially Benjamin Groff who’s been a good friend and colleague for a long time," said Kierszenbaum in a statement. "With their expert support, I’m looking forward to extending the Cherrytree philosophy to protect and amplify our recording artists’ and management clients’ creative visions to serve songwriters with the same attention and care.”
VIDEO: Lady Gaga Unveils 'Flying Dress' at 'Artpop' Album Launch Party
Cherrytree Records and Kierszenbaum were behind releases from Feist (Let It Die), Ellie Goulding and Lady Gaga (The Fame, The Fame Monster). As well, Kierszenbaum wrote and produced four songs for Gaga, including The Fame. Kierszenbaum is also a manager to producer and writer Jeff Bhasker, Incubus guitarist and producer/writer Mike Einziger and video director Talk-BoyTV, among others.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'