Kobe Bryant Divorce: Wife Gets Three Orange County Homes Worth $18.8 Million
Vanessa Bryant, who filed for divorce from the Los Angeles Lakers star in December, is entitled to half of his assets and fortune if a prenuptial agreement does not exist.
Three Orange County properties previously owned by Kobe Bryant and his wife, Vanessa, who filed for divorce from the L.A. Lakers star Dec. 1, were shifted to her name recently.
According to reports, the pair, who were married for 10 years, did not have a prenuptial agreement, which entitles the Vanessa to half of all of their assets.Some estimates place Kobe's net worth at $150 million, which means Vanessa could stand to receive close to $75 million.
A division that seems to already be underway.
The Los Angeles Times reports that three Newport Beach mansions were recently transfered into Vanessa's name, according to records at the Orange County Clerk Recorder's office in Santa Ana.
An $11.2 million estate in the Resort at Pelican HIll gated community was signed over to Vanessa Dec. 15 by Kobe's agent, Rob Pelinka, who had previously been on the deed.
A second home, that has been in both of the couple's names since 2003 was transferred to Vanessa Dec. 14. The Times reports it's worth at $2.9 million.
The third property, a $4.7 million home, was put in her name Dec. 30 from the Kobe Bryant trust.
Vanessa cited "irreconcilable differences" in her petition for divorce Dec. 1, asking for spousal support and joint custody of the pair's two daughters, Natalia and Gianna.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!