Kobe Bryant and Nicki Minaj Pose for ESPN Magazine (Exclusive)
Rappers and sports figures come together for the publication's music issue, which also pairs Calvin Johnson with Detroit native Eminem and Chris Paul with Kendrick Lamar.
ESPN The Magazine's annual music issue, hitting newsstands on Friday, Jan. 24, unites megastars from the sports and music worlds in a colorful pictorial.
The Hollywood Reporter got an exclusive preview of the photographs, one of which features 6-foot-6-inch Kobe Bryant towering over 5-foot-2-inch former American Idol judge Nicki Minaj (even while wearing platform shoes and standing on an amp for an extra boost) among other pairings, such as Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson with hip hop legend and Detroit native Eminem, two-time Olympian Hope Solo and Skylar Grey, and the New Orleans Saints with jazz performer Trombone Shorty.
Gracing the cover is Los Angeles Clippers star Chris Paul with L.A. native Kendrick Lamar, who teamed up for a shoot called "Killer Crossover." The pair looked to have a blast goofing around the set -- despite the fact that Lamar is a self-confessed lifelong Lakers fan.
See all the photos in THR's exclusive gallery.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)