Kobe Bryant Finally Joins Twitter
The NBA star had been reluctant to create an account on the social-media platform.
Twitter has finally won over the likes of Kobe Bryant, who now has an officially verified account on the platform.
The Lakers star now joins the ranks of other name brand NBA personalities -- LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Durant, among many others -- penning 140 character thoughts for thousands of followers.
"The antisocial has become social," he wrote on Friday, adding the hashtag "#mambatweets" in reference to his Black Mamba nickname.
Bryant, who previously preferred updating his fans with notes on his official Facebook page, has already briefly joined Twitter once. In 2011, a Twitter account for Bryant was created but only one tweet (“Can you hear me now?!?!”) was reportedly sent before the account was suspended.
More recently, the NBA star took over the official Nike basketball Twitter account over the December holidays to interact with fans.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR