Kobe Bryant's Wife Vanessa Files for Divorce
The L.A. Lakers star and his estranged spouse were married nearly 10 years.
Kobe Bryant's wife Vanessa has filed for divorce from the L.A. Lakers star.
The couple has been married a few months more than 10 years and said in a statement, "The Bryants have resolved all issues incident to their divorce privately with the assistance of counsel and a Judgment dissolving their marital status will be entered in 2012.
"We ask that in the interest of our young children and in light of the upcoming holiday season the public respect our privacy during this most difficult time."
Vanessa Bryant is requesting joint custody of their two daughters as well as spousal support. She cited "irrencilable differences" as the reason for the split on her divorce petition, which she signed on Dec. 1.
The pair met in 1999 when Vanessa was 17 and became engaged during her senior year in high school. They were married on April 18, 2001.
She is represented by celebrity divorce specialist, Laura A. Wasser, who has also repped Maria Shriver, Angelina Jolie and Kiefer Sutherland.
The breakup was first reported by TMZ.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera